Here's some monsters, for the HP I put in the median and the max just so you can get a feel for the numbers.
- Goblin original: HD 1d8+1 (5 HP), AC 15 (Leather), Morningstar +2 (1d6) or javelin +3 (1d4)
- Goblin vHD: HD 1 d6 (4-6 HP), Bonuses +1, AC 15 (Leather), Morningstar (1d6) or javelin (1d6)...
Of course that's with all the stats for comparison but in fact you would just derive these, and it's easier to deal with weapons as well, just give them any old thing. So it would really look like:
- Goblin: HD 1 d6, AC 15 (leather), club, pointed stick, broken bottle, rolling pin...
- Goblin Captain: HD 3 d6, AC 15 (leather), iron bar, javelin, nasty hook
- Goblin Prince: HD 4 d6, AC 16 (chain), morningstar, sword, axe
- Hill Giant orig: HD 12d8+48 (102 HP), AC 20, Great-club +16 (2d8+10) or rock +8 (2d6+7)
- Hill Giant vHD: HD 8 d20 (84-160 HP), AC 20, Great-club or rock; or
- Hill Giant vHD: HD 12 d12 (78-144 HP), AC 20, Great-club or rock
- Lizardfolk orig: HD 2d8+2 (11 HP), AC 15, Claw +2 (1d4+1) or club +2 (1d6+1) or javelin +1 (1d6+1)
- Lizardfolk vHD: HD 2 d8 (9-16 HP), AC 15, Claw, club or javelin
- Minotaur orig: HD 6d8+12 (39 HP), AC 14 (leather), great axe +9 (1d10), gore +4 (1d8+2)
- Minotaur vHD: HD 6 d8 (27-48 HP), AC 14 (leather), great axe, horn gore
- Hydra orig: HD 3d10+5 +1d10/head (19+x HP), AC 15, 1 bite/head +3 (+1/head) (1d10+3), or spit acid +2d4
- Hydra vHD: HD 3 d12 + d12/head (19-36+x HP), AC 15, bite/head, or spit acid/head
- Griffon orig: HD 7d10+21 (59 HP), AC 17, Bite +11 (2d6+4)
- Griffon vHD: HD 7 d10 (39-70 HP), AC 17, Bite (1d10)